Saturday, May 7, 2016

My second Mothers Day

It is the eve of my 2nd Mothers Day. The things that I have learned in the past year...the things that I have learned since becoming a mom... I am so in love with this little creation of ours. Kyle's personality and preferences are coming through more each day and I delight in getting to spend my days with him. He is an absolute pleasure to be around and so curious and makes the best noises. I never want to forget how he oooooohhhhhhhhs and points and is so interested. Last weekend I took him to church and he spent the entire time running up the isle and waving at each and every person sitting behind us. Then he played peak-a-boo and clapped at the end of the songs or whenever the congregation did. I had several people approach me afterwards and tell me how friendly he is and how he made their day. His smile is contagious. The way he gets around is adorable (Dan says it resembles a T-Rex with his arms out to balance).  He loves books - especially lift the flap, Hulk's birthday, Sophie and Boats/Trains Go. He could not be any snuggly-er. He wants to be as close to me as possible at all times (and I was afraid he wouldn't be as much of a cuddler after I stopped breast-feeding). I have a new respect for moms/ How selfless they are. The different phases that they are adapting to all while making sure everything gets done. The lack of sleep and the tantrums. The giving without always receiving. The constant messes and the never-ending list of things that never get done. All worth it. Every little bit. My life before Kyle feels so long ago. I can hardly remember not having him in my life, not knowing him, not being a mom. I'm so thankful that he was given to us - a true blessing. My heart couldn't be fuller. I could not be more proud of this amazing little person that has completely changed and overtaken my life. So tomorrow I celebrate this wonderful responsibility that is, in my biased opinion, perfect in every way.

No comments: