Tuesday, June 2, 2015

my extension

Kyle is now 14 and a half weeks - when do we stop counting weeks and start counting months like the regular world? I don't know the answer to this question so until it gets easier to just round up or down, I will continue this weird week talk that they taught me the week I found out I was expecting.

He is completely lovable, pudgy, funny, loving and an overall very happy and good baby. I think this and it is confirmed by others that are not his mom. He also has a temper, knows what he wants, pouts when he doesn't get his way or someone doesn't read his mind and is completely and totally attached to me. At any given time he is not more than a few feet away from me. I love that he loves me as much as he does and obviously the reverse is more than the case but wow this little boy is rocking my world and rarely gives me any down time. Note, I am NOT in ANY way complaining. I would not have it any other way but oh my they don't warn you about this stuff. Some days I feel like its quite the accomplishment to not skip any parts of the shower, get to send an email or two and have a few minutes in the bathroom. What a far cry from whatever my life was before him! What a world rocker he is!
His whole face lights up when he smiles which completely and utterly undoes me. He's starting to learn how to laugh and he watches so closely when I read to him. He is stronger than he should be and sweeter than I ever imagined. He's such good stuff and makes everyone so joyful just being in his presence...heck, even just seeing a picture of him sometimes.
I know that there will be a day sooner than I would like to think when he doesn't need me quite as much as he does right now and chances are that will break my heart and so I will absolutely relish in this co-dependence that we have on each other and love him as fiercely as I do and do anything to make his world amazing.


No comments: