2014 is here --- and with it comes a lot of changes for me. All good stuff, thankfully! I am now a working woman again. I am doing sales for Knob Hall Winery as of last week and am liking it so far. Its a completely different gig than anything that I've done before. I like setting my own hours and the education and commission piece of it. Most people are receptive and although there will be some weekend and evening work, it won't be anything like I was doing last year. I'm in the process now of familiarizing myself with the territory and accounts.
I also had a meeting earlier this week that could truly be life changing from a financial and career standpoint. There was a company that I heard about months ago and we have stayed in touch since then. After much email and back and forth, I was offered a position and signed on as an agent. I am hopeful that I can manage and excel at both positions simultaneously - fingers crossed.
Also, as of a few days before the clock struck twelve closing the books on 2013, I am now a Baltimore City girl again! It feels really good to be back. Last month, Dan and I found this cute little, very reasonable apartment located in Brewers Hill and we signed the lease less than 24 hours later. I love being able to walk to cool restaurants and bars and getting to see him everyday :) Kendall moved into the second bedroom and so it's the three of us navigating the city and trying to take advantage of all that it has to offer.
Dan's holiday party was last weekend at the Museum of Industry and we had such a great time! We've need hosting people occasionally now that we have our own space and thats been fun. I have embraced my inner domestic goddess and clean and cook and try oh so very hard to be organized. It's a good life!
No comments:
Post a Comment