Tuesday, January 21, 2014

snow-day

Snow is falling and has been for the last 7 hours or so. It is beautiful and peaceful as long as you don't have to be out in it. This morning I was thinking of what a snow day meant as a child --- sleeping in maybe, sledding, eating snow, red noses and being so bundled up. Now it means runs to the grocery store with what feels like everyone else and apparently in Canton it means hitting the gym. I had not yet seen it so crowded as when I was there earlier this morning. I love watching the water and being so close to it. The stillness of it and the calm this time of year. Before we know it, it will become a bustling water way. And so earlier today, I threw together some chili and its been slow cooking in the crock pot ever since. I waited for my roommates to walk through the door ---which they did soon after. It has been a comfy, cozy, low-key, lovely snow day.

We booked our west coast adventure for early June! 11 days in the bay area and I am so looking forward to it.

"Home is where we should all be."


No comments: