It was a very adult Thanksgiving this year. I woke up to the swaying of the boat and sunlight streaming in. Dan and I got our most fall-ish and festive attire on (for him, this was the outfit that he bought in Munich) and made our way over to his parents house for brunch. It was wonderful to see everyone and share in their holiday morning. We spent the afternoon and evening in Easton with Grandma and Granddad Keefe, Dad and Joanne. The hours were filled by football, oyster shooters, bag pipes, lots of red wine and a delicious meal in which we all mentioned something we were thankful of. How can I possibly put that in a sentence or two? The short answer to that is I can't - and for that, most of all, I am thankful. I am blessed to have so many people that I care so much about in my life, to have someone who understands me and loves me, to have such wonderful role models and little ones who I get to spend time with and perhaps somehow shape. I'm grateful for this year and that I could pursue a passion of mine from a career standpoint. I'm grateful of the next opportunity that feels like it is just around the corner. I am thankful that Dan's family is so nice and wonderful to me. I am blessed to have all of the sisters that I do and all that each one of them adds to my life. I am grateful for the trips that I was able to go on this year and for the unions that I was able to witness. I am thankful for my growing family and for the friendships that I can't imagine my life without. I am glad for the lessons that I have learned, the compassion that I was given, the blank page that is the story that I am writing. I hope that people near and far experienced this peace, this love, this gratitude and that they continue to each and every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment