Thursday, November 14, 2013

South bound

Tomorrow at this time, Dan and I will be in Charleston, Folly Beach actually. I am so very excited! I'm ready for the milder temperatures (yes, already), the southern charm, the quaintness and history, the culinary experience that is the South. Of course before then there is still much to do - I just finished editing and uploading Daphne's newborn birth announcement photos - she is so sweet! Dan and I are meeting in Ellicott City this evening to check out a place, Tara and I are taking Michele's yoga class this evening and then I will head down to Annapolis to get any last minute things together and wait for the morning hours to be here.

I was a bit nervous about yesterday. Jon would have been 42. He certainly was way too young to be gone. I wanted to honor him, to celebrate his life, what we had and the wonderful human being that he was. What was so very apparent is this: life goes on. I spent the day with Makenna in Storyville (very cool spot for little kiddos), I lunched with a dear friend and her little girl, I learned that Sam will be spending next week in the states - and that made my day. I did a little wine tutorial at the request of Val and then dealt with computer glitches, I bought, drank and savored red wine, I shared a dinner with Kara, Brian and Dan and you know what? It felt like most other days. I can't hold onto the past - and I don't want to. I want to be present, to live for the moment and to look forward to the future. I want to enjoy the time that I have with the special people in my life. I want to be thankful that it happened and not sad that it is over. I can't change things or make time slow down but I can do my very best to jump for joy, to feel so very blessed, to look to the heavens and know that there are some very special angels watching over me.

No comments: