What does it mean to be a grown up? Making a mortgage payment? Doing yard work on the weekends? Having a family of your own? Commuting daily to a job where you receive a regular paycheck? Wanting to go to home goods/lowes/home depot rather than tj maxx? Eating in more than eating out? Having to get home to let the dog out? Having children?
I spent the past few days being a full-time nanny - and enjoyed myself. It helps that the kids were good and we all survived. I was told that I needed to brush my hair because I looked like a rock star and asked why I didn't make the bed. I love how honest kids are and what comes out of their mouths (for the most part). On the way to the bus stop today, I was asked what my life's path is? Ha! What a great question and one that I often ask myself.
It is amazing to me how music evokes emotion. I have always considered myself a music girl. Maybe my mom or my ex-boyfriend from way back when is responsible for that. I love listening to stuff that speaks to me and being transported back to another time and place when I hear a certain song. I like discovering new bands and music that I know I could never get sick of listening to. I am borderline obsessed with going to live shows and feel that these have been few and far between lately but the ones that I have been able to go to make up for that. If there wasn’t a soundtrack to movies, we wouldn’t necessarily feel the same watching it. It can make you laugh, cry, love, stop in wonderment.
“She left pieces of her life behind her everywhere she went. It's easier to feel the sunlight without them, she said.”
― Brian Andreas
― Brian Andreas
No comments:
Post a Comment