Thursday, January 7, 2010

last day at hull street - and my people

Yesterday was my last day in the Advertising.com Baltimore office. I had two client calls and was near giddy on both. I sent out a goodbye email that I could have gone on and on in, but didn't - and got back so many sweet responses. This guy that I thought always pegged me for the biggest pain wrote and told me how good I am at my job and how he will miss working with me - I was shocked. I can remember so well that rainy April day back in 2004 when I walked into the 2nd floor lobby and sat with Trent drenched and nervous. I remember hearing Jon's booming voice and laugh and not knowing how he would love and change me. I hardly remember not being friends with Alia, I remember standing with her in the kitchen and Kathy and I sizing each up. I remember thinking Heather was gorgeous but crazy and had no idea how good of friends I would become with these girls. I remember when Kathy introduced us to Suzy and all of her questions. So many people that I will miss seeing and wish the very best to.
The day ended perfectly with a fabulous dinner at Chrissy's. Mom, Kendall, Lynn, Dick, Chrissy, Willie, Paige and TJ were all there and we did what we do best - ate and talked and laughed and I felt so ...peaceful and full. Why would I ever consider moving from one of the most beautiful cities in the world? My people are the reason - pure and simple.

1 comment:

LoveLladro said...

I so badly want to know who "the biggest pain" is ;~)