Yesterday was Black Friday and although we were not those people that were up with the sun and in line to get into the stores at 5 am, we did venture out in search of a perfect flat screen (ps - you will know that I am truly settled wherever I am going to be when I get one of these). The parking lots, the crazy wind, the hustle and bustle and people needing to find the perfect gift, the lines, the excitement of it all. Mom, Kara and I decided to plant ourselves at a cozy little lunch spot in Columbia with several cups of coffee and hours of conversation. After I stopped by one of my new favorite, east coast wine stores that has nothing to do with the very attractive manager, I headed down to Pasadena to hang out with the Drennings. I hadn't seen Jackson in three months and my goodness does he just get cuter and cuter. He had just woken up from his nap - good timing on my part which let's face it, I can't always say. We visited for a few hours - I love Jaime and Craig - and their relationship and how laid back and real they are. The week before, J, Heather and I had met for dinner which turned into into trivia which was random but fun. We certainly do need some practice though or maybe just more trivia-ish people to join our team. After leaving, I met Meredith for din and to catch up in Columbia. We are both at interesting places right now...and each time I see her I am thankful that we were random roommates all of those years ago. There was a first for the angel cards - our waiter saw us doing them and asked what they were - then he drew one and said that made his day. Something made me walk through the bar on the way out and I actually ran into Dave and Anna! It was so good to see him and hear their news...
Today we are spa-ing it at The Pearl and I cannot wait. I love that place.
No comments:
Post a Comment