Week run down:
Monday after work I met Julia at Blue Light to watch the Phillies beat the Yankees in game 17 or something of the world series. Tuesday Iz and I took Chloe for a walk and to TJ's (her last night of her 20s!). Wednesday Christina and I went to Tortilla Heights to catch up, grub and sip on cocktails - she was fuzzy. Thursday - ah, Thursday...I got a mani and pedi with clients over lunch, after took a quick snow leopord operating system class at the crazy apple store in union square and then met P at Colibri. This was a long time coming -we talked and talked and had amazing margaritas and ventured over to Le Coloniel after and time quickly went by as we discussed adjustments and travel and food. All in all a great day. I couldn't help but think of how many interesting people there are and how lucky I was to come across one that just happens to have a ridiculous accent :) Friday Rich and I organized a little surprise party for Iz at this popular happy hour spot that starts with a Z that I hadn't been to before. I couldn't help but look around the table after several cocktails and feel amazed at the lives that have become intertwined with mine. People that I work with and see almost every day and yet want to know what is on their minds and can almost forget what feeling lonely feels like. I have found that it's one extreme or the other most time. Either your phone doesn't ring and everyone is busy with their every day life or there are several people that reach out at once and you are overwhelmed almost by love and a feeling of belonging that you usually only feel at a dinner table in Maryland. There were rounds and rounds of shots, squatting, golden boy pizza, rapping, betting - all kinds of shenanagins going on.
Yesterday was Jon's service. I knew that I wanted to do something in memory of him and our life together at some point during the day. I was sad to not be there with his family (selfishly). After my yoga class, I ventured down to SoMa to meet Julia and her parents to watch the Penn State game. Christina met me and had graciously told me that we could do whatever I wanted to do. I had decided that steak and red wine would be the way to go because all of the delicious meals that we had shared at almost every steak house in Baltimore City and County. Dinner was yum - I find myself trying to describe him to people that never knew him and it just doesn't do him justice. There are no words - how do you say his face crinkled up and you could barely see his eyes when he smiled, he gave near bone crushing hugs and there was no where else you wanted to be, he made you feel like you were the only person in the world and would send you lyrics that touched him deeply and that he needed to share, he believed in doing everything completely and right from dinners to presentations to present buying, he had a 'kelly choy' voice and words that you both used that didn't make sense to others, he was passionate almost to a fault and once he let you in to his world there was no way of leaving, he loved animals and children and art, he was truly one of a kind and at times you think that you will hear from him any moment and others you are overcome by grief and a sense of loss that you wouldn't wish on anyone. I over did it. I got emotional. I know that time heals and that we were put in each others lives for a reason. There are no more should have, could have, what ifs. It was what it was and it was beautiful and crazy and fun. I hope to find the rock that symbolizes all of this/
No comments:
Post a Comment