Sunday, August 30, 2009

half moon and chrissy field

Yesterday I spent the morning at the gym- sweating sometimes makes me feel better. It was a hot day in the city. I came home, made myself a pretty phenominal breakfast and got ready for wherever the day would take me. Turns out Lamine and crew were in the Castro brunching so I bused to meet them. We ended up driving over to Ocean Beach and then down the 1 through Pacifica to Half Moon Bay. What a fun afternoon! We sat outside, soaking up the sun, drinking grazing on apps and catching up. After a few hours we headed back into the city and eventually at a party a few blocks from me. The place was incredible but it was kinda weird not knowing many people so we soon headed down to Polk Street (Bar Johnny) All in all, a great Saturday with people that I usually don't get to hang out with.
This morning I missed two buses - ugh. Well I actually only missed one, the other one I got so far as to knock on the door and the guy wouldn't let me in and waved ahead! I swear ...I don't get that. Chloe's 1st birthday party was today in Chrissy Field- it's amazing how quickly the past year has gone by. Iz had quite the spread and here family was in from the east coast. It was pretty cold and foggy but the view of the bridge and water was still pretty spectacular and we hung out there for most of the afternoon.
Tonight I am headed downtown to meet with with Kristen's BF Nick who is in town for the next few days. Not 100% sure what we are going to do yet but looking forward to catching up with him (and telling fall back stories).
Next week is Labor Day! It will be fun to have Ken, Christy and the boys in town. Only 7 work days left until my Eurpoean vacation. I hope that I am able to journal while I am away...ciao

No comments: