Friday, August 28, 2009

bus people, basil and baths

I sometimes have an overwhelming urge when riding the muni to ask everyone questions. Where are they going? Coming from? What's their story? Why are they smiling so big? Maybe they just met someone that they will soon fall in love with. How do they want to spend their time? What is most important to them? What brought them to the city? What do they know that I don't yet? Where did they get that fabulous purse/belt/jacket? Yes, the bus in an interesting place indeed.
After months and months of wanting one - I finally bought a basil plant! This may not sound like a big deal but oh my do I love it. I am now trying to add basil to everything I can and love the way it makes the kitchen smell. Perhaps this is only the start of yummy herbs that could soon over take part of our apartment and give the wine bottles a run for their $.
I am longing for a bath. It just sounds so relaxing and like the perfect way to end a fairly stressful week. Monday after work I met Jess and her family at this Chinese restaurant (Eliza's) in part of the city that I hadn't yet been to (dogpatch). It was so wonderful to see her and catch up. Chase is a little cutie and when I pulled out my phone to take his picture he said: iphone -ha. Not quite but close.
Wednesday I received some news at work that was upsetting and disappointing and so I have spent the past few days trying to think about where I want to be and what my options are. I feel like I was blind-sighted by all of this political office crap...I've been pretty emotional about it - keep crying when I don't want to and hope that I can pull it together for next week. At least this year has helped to give me perspective and the bottom line is that work is work and whatever. That night I BARTed out to the East Bay. C picked me up and totally let me unload everything. We drove to Alameda and had dinner and then hung out. All of the work stuff was soon forgotten...it was my first time checking out the new car - and we only stalled twice :)
I discovered this crepe place like right around the corner from my office and plan to make it my new go to lunch spot.
DJ AM died today. Quite honestly, there is too much death everywhere. It makes me sad when people are gone before they are supposed to go.

1 comment:

LoveLladro said...

I had that EXACT same thought the entire week I was in SF.... what is this persons story? are they local or are they visiting? what is their back story? and so on and so on! I think that's actually a great outlook... it helps me remember that they are people too... with stories and lives.

Loved seeing you... thanks for coming out to Dogpatch!