The 4th of July has come and gone - I couldn't decide how to spend it until the last minute...decided to head to the airport on Friday and fly down to LAX to hang with the Bickley's. I like airports. There is something about them, the people that are there with so many different stories, not knowing who you are going to run into or sit next to and what their deal is, the hustle and bustle, even the food options. I know - weird. Michele, Colin and Kianna picked me up from the airport and we drive right to this outdoor wine porch in Venice Beach. Huge fan of this spot. The rest of the weekend I got to hang out with all of them, Derek, Nicole, etc., eat amazing combinations and courses (like tuna on watermelon accompanied with ricotta stuffed squash blossoms - not joking!), hit up several farmer's markets[2] as well as make several runs to Ralph's for bottles of wine, soak up some much needed rays on Saturday on the beach, sing my heart out, dance during dinner, play with Kianna (who I hadn't seen since the week she got home from the hospital in February), drink vino, try to avoid the crazy cat, venture into West Hollywood at midnight in search of the perfect desert, play a crazy fun text game that we invented on Friday night and could notget enough of, listen to great - and often live-music and overall feel incredibly lucky.
On my way home today, I finished the book I was reading (Certain Girls - very good), decided to hit up a market in the mission (similar to Chinatown) and stopped and got an $8 manicure.
Next week at this time I will be in Detroit getting ready for our national AMD meeting. One month from today, I will be tunring 31 and hopefully out celebrating after driving back from the Outer Banks.
I missed both Christina's and Aimee's house-warming/4th of July parties this weekend. I wish that I could have been everywhere and hope that we have some adventures while in Michigan.
Lot of other stuff going on but too much to get into right now- let's just say that last week was a bit of a roller coaster on the boy front and at work...bring on this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment