I always find myself in a bit of a slump those first few days following my people packing up and leaving my apartment after a fabulous few days. That's where I am now...it was hard to see Chrissy and Kendall leave yesterday morning. We really did fit a lot in since they arrived last Wednesday night including lots of walking up and down hills, Saulsalito, St Helena wineries, lots of amazing meals together and even ran into the crazy Meekee Meekee guy at the bus stop in North Beach on Sunday evening! I am not kidding... it seems like he is everywhere. I got some great pictures, Chrissy said when we were picnicking at V.Sattui that it was one of her most favorite days and I think that Ken is trying to figure out if she can squeeze in another west coast visit before she goes back to school! Now it's bad to the gym - I am sure it missed me like crazy - back to eating fairly normal, back to saving (i've been doing an okay job of this lately), back to the swing of things. This week should be fairly low key which will be a nice change of pace but I am already itching to get something on my vacation calendar!
I had a great few days back east a week and a half ago. Got to celebrate Father's Day a week early, host a babies pool party at Chrissy's - and definitely came back reminding myself of how lucky I am to have the people in my life that I do. I wish that there were more hours in the day for me to visit, more opportunities to just sit and talk over coffee or a glass of wine, more opportunities to have so many people that I love in one place and just soaking each other in.
Confession: last night I sat on my couch and flipped between Jon and Kate +8 and The Bachelorette and then was just disgusted with myself after... really?
No comments:
Post a Comment