Tuesday, November 24, 2015

One of my favorite weeks of the year

Somehow it is almost Thanksgiving. I am lucky to not have to travel this holiday and was reminded just yesterday that 5 years ago I was in Cambodia and marveling at Angkor Wat and the gorgeousness of that country. Today I woke well before 5 am - delighted that Kyle was still sleeping soundly and anticipating his early morning wake up. Just about ten hours last night - we both woke restful and happy. He is a pure delight. We just had his nine month check up a few days ago and Dr. King is very pleased with his growth curve and how well he looks. They also said he is one of the happiest babies that they have ever seen! And he really is. He smiles at strangers everywhere we go. He recently learned how to clap and does this regularly and on command. He is a super fast crawler and is pulling himself up on everything and testing his balance. He had his first runny nose last week but survived and now we are gearing up to stuff ourselves with delicious food and surround ourselves with family. I've adjusted quite well to life in suburbia although I miss being able to walk to places so easily and my friends in the city. We are still getting together with my mom's group and it is so fun to see all of the babies react to each other and "play." The winery is closing for the season in just about a month and I've been able to get some good time in there and even was MOD on Veterans Day earlier this month. Several weeks ago we packed up for the day and drove our new Jeep to Winchester to spend the day with Bubi. It was lovely to get to hang out with her, attend mass and share some great meals. Its amazing to me to think that this time last year my little love was growing inside me and I had no idea what his personality would be like, what a great balance of both Dan and I his features are and how I would marvel each and every day at this wonderful little soul we brought in to the world. I love that he sucks his thumb and is a nuzzler. I hope to never forget how it first felt to hear him say "mama" - his first and favorite word.

No comments: