Wednesday, August 26, 2015

no excuses

I am where I am because of where I have been, what I have learned, what I went through, what I felt and thought and hoped for, what I cried over, my support system, those that loved me. I no longer will make excuses as to why. Why my house isn't always spotless. Why my passions and work sometimes take me away from my family. Why I buy brownies someone else has perfected instead of making them from scratch. Why I can't always be everywhere.
Six months - its amazing to see what half a year looks like. To hear him belly laugh and babble. Everyone comments that it goes by so quickly and I'm sure it does. This week is the first day of school for many kids. We will be there is a few years - buying supplies and getting adjusted to a new routine. I wonder what my love will love. Will he know this knock down love that encompasses me. Can I be protective without being overly so or driving him crazy? I love his sleep positions - belly up, or all sprawled out hands above his head like his dad. I discovered last week how great of a travel companion he is - this delights me to no end. Dan and I created my perfect little person that happens to be a great travel partner! How awesome is that? On Wednesday, we crossed the Bay Bridge (some of us slept through it and actually the entire way to oc,md) and made our way as far east as we could go. We arrived at the Traber's and joined them on the beach under umbrellas and in the sand. Kyle took two solid naps with the ocean as his sound machine. Sticky with humidity and the one-piece scuba wear suit that I had him in. We got to see Shelly and crew that night and decided to stop for an Old Time Photo on the way to the beach the next day (after mama's crab benedict). This was priceless! One southern gentleman in the living room.

No comments: