39 weeks today... so hard to believe. I remember when my stomach was still flat and I would feel it and wonder what was going on in there knowing that a little life was developing. Now it is the first thing people see, so round and basket-bally and hard. Now my stomach draws them in. They hold doors, smile, ask questions - are so nice to me. The other day I received a side of pickles with my soup - just because I am pregnant. And you know what - they were delicious and probably would have been even if I wasn't expecting.
It's not going to be too much longer; maybe a week or so. Jitka had her little Lucas a few months ago over in the Czech Republic and is relishing in mommyhood. Georgia just had adorable little Chloe just a few days ago - both with due dates just before ours and now its our turn. We are up. Of course there are still a million and one things that I could be doing but for now I am trying to memorize the feeling of him inside of me. Of the movements that make me look around to see if the whole room feels the same thing. Of Dan's hand on my stomach getting to feel his kicking and hiccups.
So Thursday will be here in just about 48 hours - and we will figure out our game plan and all of these months of preparing and wondering will be here, finally. Stay tuned
No comments:
Post a Comment