Our game plan is in place and this time tomorrow we will hopefully have our little boy in our arms! I can hardly believe it. I am so torn on whether to be up and doing all of the things that need to be done or resting on this heating pad on my couch...The doctors appointments went well today. I heard his, nice strong heartbeat for about 30 minutes when I was plugged in (averaging around 144). Mom met me there and we soon went back for a sonogram where we got a few good profile shots. My fluid levels remained the same pretty much week over week so I was dismissed. Across the street was where all of the good stuff happened. I was measuring big(ger) at around 44 and after checking things out (I will spare you, dear blog reader the details) the doctor highly recommended a c section. Of course, I am fine with whatever they think is best for me and baby. All signs seemed to be pointing in this direction and so who am I to fight it? He asked when I wanted to schedule the surgery and we crossed our fingers and said tomorrow. They went to see if there was availability for Friday, February 20th - my baby's birthday! Dr. Duke will be performing the cesarean tomorrow afternoon at 3:30 pm. What a relief! I cried tears of joy just knowing that this will be happening and that he will be here so very soon. Also, I don't need to worry about where I will be when my water breaks, the ride to the hospital, the first timers questions, timing contractions, the waiting, the possibility of going in to labor and then having to have a c section (which just sounds like a nightmare to me). I called Dan from the exam room and asked if he wanted to have a baby tomorrow with tears running down my face. I honestly don't know if I've heard him sound so thrilled. I could hear the smile take up his whole face. He told me that is the best news he could have gotten and I can't agree more.
Lyrics to Mom
Little baby told God, hey I'm kind of scared.
Don't really know if I want to go down there.
From here it looks like a little blue ball
That's a great big place and I'm so small.
Don't really know if I want to go down there.
From here it looks like a little blue ball
That's a great big place and I'm so small.
Why can't I just, stay here with you?
Did I make you mad, don't you want me too?
God said oh child, of course I do
But there's somebody special waiting for you
Did I make you mad, don't you want me too?
God said oh child, of course I do
But there's somebody special waiting for you
So hush now baby, don't you cry
'Cause there's someone down there waiting whose only goal in life
Is making sure you're always gonna be alright
A loving angel tender, tough and strong
It's almost time to go and meet your mom.
'Cause there's someone down there waiting whose only goal in life
Is making sure you're always gonna be alright
A loving angel tender, tough and strong
It's almost time to go and meet your mom.
You'll never have a better friend
Or a warmer touch to tuck you in
She'll kiss your bruises, your bumps and scrapes
And anytime you hurt
Her heart's gonna break
Or a warmer touch to tuck you in
She'll kiss your bruises, your bumps and scrapes
And anytime you hurt
Her heart's gonna break
So hush now baby, don't you cry
'Cause there's someone down there waiting whose only goal in life
Is making sure you're always gonna be alright
A loving angel tender, tough and strong
It's almost time to go and meet your mom.
'Cause there's someone down there waiting whose only goal in life
Is making sure you're always gonna be alright
A loving angel tender, tough and strong
It's almost time to go and meet your mom.
And when she's talking to you make sure you listen close
'Cause she's gonna teach you everything you'll ever need to know
Like how to mind your manners, to love and laugh and dream
She'll put you on the path that bring you back to me
'Cause she's gonna teach you everything you'll ever need to know
Like how to mind your manners, to love and laugh and dream
She'll put you on the path that bring you back to me
So, hush now little baby, don't you cry
'Cause there's someone down there waiting whose only goal in life
Is making sure you're always gonna be alright
A loving angel tender, tough and strong
Come on child it's time, to meet your mom
'Cause there's someone down there waiting whose only goal in life
Is making sure you're always gonna be alright
A loving angel tender, tough and strong
Come on child it's time, to meet your mom
No comments:
Post a Comment