I haven't blogged in over a month :( Ahh - sorry for all of those (or those few anyway) that like to check in and see what's going on in my little world.
We've gotten away a good bit the past few weeks which has been really nice. The end of March we took a road trip down to North Carolina with a pair of our most favorite couple friends and it was so much fun. The weekend provided some great times, lots of rain (that they went golfing in - crazy!), good eats and drinks and a nice escape. Note to all: just because there are wineries in every state, does not mean that all local wine is worth drinking. The next day was the O's opener and something I was really looking forward to. Unfortunately, I was sick and didn't get to go but know that there will be many other games this season.
Last weekend, Dan and I jumped on megabus - well, if waiting on the sidewalk for over an hour until our bus finally arrived from DC constitutes "jumping"- and headed north to NYC. It has been about a year and a half since I had been up there which was way too long. It was such a great weekend! We fit a lot in and definitely had the pleasure of riding a bus, the long island railroad, the subway and being passengers in a cab all within about 14 hours or so. I was thrilled that Aunt Margie and Dan were able to meet! She told me after that he is such a nice guy and that she felt as if she had known him for years. That made my heart sing! Dan told me the next morning over coffee that if we lived closer, he'd like to watch every Yankees game with Aunt Margie (as she told us she had done with her dad. Something that I never knew: my great-grandfather was a Yankees fan). I am so in love!
Today is Easter Sunday and we are sitting on the couch listening to my Air Supply Pandora station, drinking coffee and listening to church bells as the sun pours in to this little space that we've created. Later today we are headed to Hayfield's and then down to Annapolis. Looking forward to all that the day will hold and is ahead.
Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment