Tuesday, April 22, 2014
my hometown
Last week I was running around (per the usual) and my travels took me to Eldersburg. I was down on Main Street and stopped in Unwined Candles to see Dave, drop off some empty bottles and buy some new, lovely candles. All of the sudden I was overcome by how cool my hometown has become. This was a place that I lived from the time I was 7 until I graduated from high school and couldn't wait to leave. This is now a place that people my age are choosing to live and raise their families. And "downtown" has become super cool! A crepe and coffee shop has recently opened, there are a few cool wine stores, Unwined is there and contains cards and gifts that proudly display - made with love in Sykesville, Maryland. Wow. What a difference a few decades make! I do love how green and peaceful this part of the world can be. Part of me even doesn't mind that you usually run in to people that know you or your aunt or sister or mom when you go to the bank or grocery store. I love that my niece will grow up in such a friendly and tight-knit community surrounded by extended family and neighbors that saw her mom grow up. I realize what a treat it is to be able to go back to the home that I grew up in and spend time there thinking about all the house has seen - and all that it is yet to see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment