Friday, July 26, 2013

the more things stay the same....

Sometimes its so hard for me to understand how quickly time flys by. At crazy fast speeds that often have me wanting to chase after it and grab its tail to try to make it stop - or at the very least slow down. In less than two weeks, I will be 35 - what?! Just last weekend we celebrated mom's 60th birthday luau style. Kara went all out on the decorations and it was a lot of fun. I was a bit disappointed that more people couldn't be there but I know how hard it is in the summer and with everyone's schedules. We ended the night watching lightening bugs, golf swings and a lightening storm roll in like fireworks. This week has turned out to be live music filled which I absolutely love. Tuesday we drove down to Dewey for the night to see Citizen Cope perform at the Bottle and Cork. The weather was beautiful and it felt so good to breathe in the healing and lovely ocean air. Never a dull moment with that crew - so enjoy being treated like VIPs and getting the behind the scenes take on everything. We were able to hear sound check, Clarence gave us shirts and we met some guys that he grew up with. Tonight, Dan and I are going to see The Lumineers with Sherrie and Zach at Merriweather and I can hardly contain myself.  We had such a good time with them when we ventured into Northeast two weekends ago to spend the evening split between their place and out and about.    The past few weeks I've been able to catch up with a few familiar faces from back in my ad.com days and it always jolts me to realize how years disappear and how life goes on, jobs change, people move, kids grow up and yet still things feel the same.    The trial has also started and I cannot but help but think of everything that they are going through thousands of miles from home. It is amazing how the media plays a part --it is a love/hate with me. I want to consume all of the details and know how it all is going and yet I get so upset when I hear about people passing judgement without knowing all of the details. It has certainly made me look at verdicts and many situations and remind myself that there are two sides to everything and that without being there and directly involved it is unfair to jump to conclusions. Every moment that we are granted should be cherished. My thoughts are with my friends in Hawaii.

No comments: