Thursday, April 11, 2013

sing along songs

"Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold" is how the lyric goes.

My inspiration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dsuQGqqIJg

The past few weeks I have had the chance to spend time with friends that I haven't seen in quite some time. It made me think about how people come into your life for a reason --some are summer roommates, some are mentors, some are cheerleaders when you need it the most, the voice of reason, some know you better than you sometimes know yourself, some are up for an adventure or a road trip, some are friends of friends and there is an instant connection, some you have known for a long time but only recently realized how much you value each other, some are living on the opposite side of the world, some you only see once in a blue moon, some you pick right back up where you left off. It is important to tell people how you feel and how important they are to you. I hope that this is something that I only get better at. Aren't we all just a quilt of those who have touched are lives?

Most recently I have been thinking about going back to my old-ish way of life. It has been a good run for sure but I miss being able to have the means to do what I want. I miss traveling. I miss splurging. I miss treating. I worked this Easter which was different but overall it was a really wonderful weekend spent between Middleburg, Annapolis, Frederick and Winchester.

This time of year is reviving. Cherries are blossoming (along with everything else). Windows are open. Sweaters are traded in for sundresses. Temperatures are rising ---and it certainly feels like summer is right around the corner.

No comments: