Tuesday, January 22, 2013

the new gig

Several weeks ago I sent my resume to a winery in Virginia and within hours I was asked to come in for an interview. It all happened extremely fast but that could just be the way that it is when things all fall into place and are meant to be. I was asked to come in for training and the next day started my first day! Chrysalis Winery is in horse country VA about a stone's throw away from Middleburg. It is a family run vineyard on 412 acres and certainly is one of my happy places. It is not close. I am not rolling in the money. My body often hurts from running around all day and pouring wine -- but I love what I do and it hardly feels like work. It is exactly what I need and what I was looking for. It is so cool being part of the whole thing and learning more about wine. I really love getting to talk to people, glimpses into their lives and being part of their free time. I didn't realize how much I was craving something like this and am really so thankful that everything has worked out as it has. There is a ton of information that I need to know...I am getting there. I've become much better at the old school way of opening bottles (I used to find that so intimidating!). Its an adjustment working primarily on the weekends but I've been lucky enough where the past few year has been one long weekend and now having some type of structure is okay. I am in a completely different place than I was a year ago. I am happy when I get off work and look forward to the next time I go back.
Yes indeedy 2013 is off to a great start. I can't wait to see what else is in store!

No comments: