Friday, July 13, 2012

Return to the blogging world

It has been some time since I have blogged regularly - and I've missed it. I don't know who if anyone reads this. Although I would like to think that people do, its okay if that is not the case. I will no longer go radio silent. Aunt Margie came down from Long Island a few weeks ago and it was so wonderful to have her here. She tried sushi for the first time and bought her and mom matching pajamas which made for an incredibly fun photo shoot.



I was really excited about this summer. It started with a few nights in New York checking out Ellis Island for the first time and wandering around Central Park in search of Strawberry Fields. A few days after, 15 of us rented a house in Dewey for Kristen's bachelorette party. What a bender! Things changed soon after that. I thought that I had everything figured out. I did not. Andrew and I decided to go our separate ways. I know that this is for the best and I just need to keep focusing on that. The reality of the situation is that my support system is amazing and I am living a life that most do not get to where I can do what ever it is I want. I certainly cannot say the same thing for all of the hundreds of parents that I saw yesterday in Dutch Wonderland. So I have dove into other things including showers, my precious nieces and nephews, road trips, get togethers with family and friends - even this two week cleanse that is a definite first. (I won't go into the details but I have been feeling pretty good overall.) I booked a two week trip to the west coast for later this summer :) Back to being a bit unsure of anything beyond that - but excited for whatever lies ahead - and it is reassuring to know that I can handle the twists and turns along the way.

No comments: