Saturday, July 21, 2012

Memories

I spent some time tonight going through boxes that have been in the basement and stored away for years. In one, I was brought back to my childhood. Music boxes, artwork created by my aunt, even certain things that I wore almost 30 years ago. In another was my kitchen from years past. All kinds of things that I used in my Bethesda apartment and Baltimore row house when life was so different. Going through all of it transformed me to another time and place. 
I wish that I was better at clearing things out, at getting rid of things. More often than not, I hold on too long. I know that if I get rid of this stuff, I won't miss it and yet still it is stuff from my past that is meaningful in some way, shape or form. But I am committed to making room for the new; to de-cluttering; to becoming more mobile and less dependent on "stuff". 


No matter who broke your heart - or how long it takes to heal, you will never get through it without your friends. ---SJP, Sex in the City 


Everything changed the day I figured out there was exactly enough time for the important things in my life. ---Storybook People 

No comments: