Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Makenna's Baptism

What a truly amazing day Sunday was! Andrew and I arrived just in time to see Makenna change into her beautiful christening gown and walk around in her little heeled sandals. My heart melted every time I saw her! It was wonderful to have everyone there to witness such an event. I got to stand up with Kara and Brian as the godmother and was bursting with pride. She was so interested in watching what was going on with the other children before it was her turn. Of course I was teary eyed...
After the blessed event, there was a celebration back at the house. Burgers on the grill, mimosas being passed - a cookout feast, really. I love the way that she looks at me. I love getting to be a part of her everyday life. I love her expressions. I love the connection that we have and seeing her learn and grow. She has even learned to count recently! I could go on and on gushing...
Many blessings to our little lady - today and all of the beautiful days of your life.

No comments: