Saturday, March 24, 2012

meaningful quote

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
Thoreau said these words 150 years or so ago. Fast forward to 2012, they mean something crazy profound and very real to me. I haven't been able to write in some time for a number of reasons - mainly because I had been struggling and was having a hard time putting my thoughts and feelings into words. I also was not super happy with where I was and did not want to just whine and complain and bore my readers and feel sorry for myself. And so I took a huge step for me and left the company that I had a hand in helping to grow and the co-workers that were my friends and who I felt a tremendous sense of loyalty to. I had to focus on me and quite honestly had lost who I was in the previous months. (I do not recommend this to anyone). I leaned heavily on many people and can never express how grateful I am for their love and support. With their help, time, several doctors and perhaps another thing or two that I don't want to mention, I am better. Life is good again, thank goodness. I don't have a high power position and a steady income but I do have my sanity and myself back and to say it feels good is such an understatement!
Several days ago, we went to visit Bubi for a wonderful afternoon of visiting, food and marveling and Makenna and the amazing little person she is. Bubi gave me this quote as a wall decal - how perfect. All is well with the universe again. I don't necessarily know what tomorrow holds, I don't know what my next move job wise will be or where even but I do know that I am smiling a lot. That I am getting to spend time with people that matter to me. That I am doing what I want to do. That loving life is so super important and I never want to do anything but feel that way. And so world, I am back.

No comments: