This is absolutely what I am doing right now. After a really great short week at home filled with some of my favorite people and then book club on Wednesday night which happened to be the 4 year anniversary, we got up bright and early and flew to Florida. Our first day in Tampa was a bit of a blur since we were only going on two hours of sleep and couldn’t check into our room as early as we would have liked. We drove through Clearwater and ended up lunching on the water on a balmy Thursday afternoon. That night we headed to my very first exhibition game and watched the Orioles take on and actually beat the Yankees in stadium filled of blue. Yesterday we did some beach shopping in the morning, driving along Gulf Boulevard in search of the perfect beach to plant ourselves and soak up the sun for a good portion of the day. We ended up selecting St Petersburg Beach with its perfect powder white sand and clear, beautiful water. I was truly in my happy place. There was a perfect breeze from the gulf and I relished in the feel of the packed wet sand underneath my feet as I combed the beach. We were ready to move on in the afternoon and discovered this little local dive bar situated in a parking lot: The Drunken Clam. Several beers, butter soaked clams, parmesan topped cajun garlic chicken wings and shrimp were shared in this little hidden gem. I even bought a t-shirt (although not the one that stated – the liver is bad, it needs to be punished) to remember our awesome but perhaps somewhat blurry time there. Last night we ventured to Ybor City which was a bit sketchy and contained many crazy sights. Cigar bars were plentiful and we stopped in one for a cold brew. The strong sun and hops made us all a bit sleepy…I found out yesterday that MM is doing quite well on NYSE and couldn’t be happier for my friends that have worked so hard to get the company to the position that it is now in. Congrats to Alia, Suzy, Kathy, Jeannine, Casey and so many others!
This morning we were up and out early and spent part of the day in Naples with basement Dave. What a beautiful town! I couldn’t get enough of the pier where there were dozens of people fishing and many dolphins just several feet away from us. It was very cool and the closest that I have come to them in a natural environment. Now we are en route to Fort Lauderdale for the night before heading to South Beach tomorrow. It has been an awesome two days and I am so looking forward to the rest of spring break 2012 J
No comments:
Post a Comment