Bi-coastal living no longer seems applicable...or maybe it does and it is just a matter of what coasts.
It has been two weeks since I have been in London. My home is now Swiss Cottage area near St John's Wood, I commute via the tube and live in a corporate apartment. I am working on getting used to the accents and fashion and checking both sides of the road because I have no idea which way the cars are coming - or what side they are driving on for that matter. It's been a fairly easy adjustment for me - maybe because the past year of travel I often didn't know where I was going. It sometimes feels very similar to my sf experience. I love playing tourist on the weekend and taking advantage of this city and all it has to offer. I've made it a ritual to go to Primrose Hill every Sunday and take in the views of the city from the hilltops. This past Sunday I discovered camden loch market - unlike anything that I have seen before with hundreds of stalls set up as far as the eye can see. I spent hours wandering and taking it all in. I had lunch by the water and watched the boats maneuver through the loch. I've toured Kensington Palace and got to see the secret garden and the enchanted exhibit. I've learned to reach out to friends of friends and others that I haven't seen in a long time. I've tried cider, eaten more asian and mediteranean food than I thought possible. I am picking up a new ways of saying things - incorporating words like keen, proper, bit, brilliant, mates and pence.
No comments:
Post a Comment