Thursday, July 14, 2011

waeber wedding festivities

Before I forgot details, I want to write about how awesome Mom's wedding weekend was. The festivities started on Thursday - deemed girls day - and that it was! We did a private yoga sesh at Chrissy's in the morning followed by lunch. Mary (one of my mom's dearest friends) arrived in the afternoon. It was wonderful to see her and their reunion and for me that is when the emotional piece of everything kicked in. Mom and all of her girls - Ken, Val, me and Kara - plus Mary headed over for manis and pedis before we hit up The Cork. It was the perfect place to celebrate. People started arriving around 5 pm and for the next few hours we cheersed and relished in the amazing-ness of everything. Kara and I decided to take advantage of the wine specials like we have been known to do a time or two and as a result were a tad slow moving on Friday. So many of mom's peeps were there - it was great! Special thanks to Lynn for coming and for my new bff Karen and Mary for picking up the tab - you ladies are the best! Apparently, I thought it was my party -oy..I woke up with Makenna between Kara and I and our party dresses still on :) You know its been a good night when... ha
Friday we ran errands and tried to take care of last minute stuff. Mom and I headed to Snickerdoodles to pick up a hundy cupcakes. I asked her who she was most looking forward to seeing at the wedding - and she said Kevin! True love fo sho. It started down pouring. We witnessed a car totally lose control and do several 360s just ahead of us on 83. We went to get her ring cleaned - of course right then was when I heard from my future boss and we spoke details - and then made a mad dash to Loehman's for shoes (on clearance in my size - woohoo!). 6 o'clock snuck up on us and we made the crawl up York Road to the club. The sun came out and the view was pretty spectacular. It was just a small group of us - but it was perfect. We met Shaye and Kali who were in from Alaska. Willie practiced walking mom down the isle and said thank god for Kevin. Father Nick was the master of ceremonies and did a great job - he was funny and just knows mom and Kevin so well that it was tailored to them. Tears were definitely shed. You can't look at them and not feel love radiating...Soon it was time to head up the road to the house where the celebration continued with bbq, family and friends. To be continued....

No comments: