Tuesday, March 15, 2011

south africa bound!

Well my bag is almost finally packed - seriously. why doesn't this get easier? And tomorrow night at this time we will be somewhere over the ocean on our way to AFRICA! Who would have thunk it?! I cannot believe that I have gotten to most of the continents this past year...what a dream. So Jen and I are headed to the Winelands for the first few nights to taste South African vino and then off to Cape town before heading north for a 3 night safari - should be interesting! I am getting excited for the upcoming adventures and beaches.

Had such a fun and exhausting weekend with Heather...loved hopping from spot to spot and celebrating St Patrick's Day. It never, ever is dull and was so great to catch up with her.
Some of my favorite hours this week happened when Kara put Makenna in bed with me Monday morning. She is so sweet and makes little bull dog noises and I could just eat her up. We did a 3 month photo shoot and the pictures turned out so freaking cute.

Some things I do not how to respond to or what to say to make anything better. My heart hurts when hearing about loss and I need to have faith in the fact that everything works out for a reason. But I cannot help but be sad at what might have been.

Until April, one more country down!

We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment. ~Hilaire Belloc

Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen. ~Benjamin Disraeli

No comments: