Tuesday, March 8, 2011

catching up/ the haps

The first week of this month was a complete and utter whirlwind. Let’s just say things completely have a way of working out exactly as they should.

It has been 14 months since I have worked, 13 months since I have worn a bra, 12 months since I jumped out of a plane, 11 months since I packed up and moved back to the east coast.

This time last year I had never been to England - now it seems that I will be moving there in the next few months.

It is a dream opportunity for me and will allow me to continue to travel. I never imagined that things would play out as beautifully as they are - I am incredibly lucky and grateful. I know that there is an amazing road ahead and I simply cannot wait to see where it leads!


This past weekend we all headed to Berkeley Springs, West Virginia for dad’s 60th birthday. It was a lot of fun - hiking, exploring, hanging out by the fire pit, swaying in the hammock, playing with the kids, grilling out...lots of family time in this cute house out in the middle of nowhere. We were so far removed that I had no access to email or the internet for days which isn’t the worst thing but gee wiz am I fairly addicted. The wine tasting on Saturday night was so fun. I must admit that I enjoyed my time in the great outdoors and know that dad did too. Tonight I am staying for the first time overnight in the house that I grew up in. That I haven’t stepped foot in for several years but holds so many memories. For 20 + years this was home and now Kara, Brian and Makenna are almost all moved in and getting settled. I love when life comes full circle like that.

No comments: