Sunday, March 7, 2010

busy, busy

March 7, 2010

Celebrating about 5 weeks of unemployment - I am busy and running around, yet I am not 100% sure what I am doing. Busy at coffee shops, busy at the gym, busy packing, busy trying to keep up with friends and family, busy thinking about what’s next, busy journaling, carding and blogging (okay, not really busy doing this but you know what I mean), busy soaking up my sf peeps and times that I will miss...

It’s been a great weekend - the first really that feels like spring. I made the mistake of leaving the house this morning in boots. Little did I know flip flops and tank tops were in abundance everywhere on Union Street. Now I am on BART (with sandals on, I am not making that mistake again) heading out the the east bay to visit my west coast grandparents - these amazing people that welcome me into their home and allow me to bring laundry. I so appreciate their wisdom, perspective and goodness.

Tomorrow I am New Zealand bound. Crazy that it is almost here. Jen and I decided to wing this trip and so it will be much different than Peru. It’s going to be hard to fit everything in that we want to see and do and still have time to chill at the beaches, wineries and spas - but we will do our best! It will be the longest flight that I have ever been on (about 13 hours) and the whole time difference and international date line thing is pretty confusing to me honestly. I have several things that I need to cross off my list before I head out tomorrow afternoon and yet am overcome by this strong desire to have another mimosa and go lay in the sun at Washington Square or Fort Mason. When I return from the land down under (is that only Australia?), I need to kick this whole packing and moving thing into high gear - I mean, you can only avoid some things for so long.

Life is grand :)

No comments: