Monday, March 23, 2015
One month in
It has been just over four weeks since we have become parents. I could marvel all day at this little one and his sweetness, his expressions, breathing, the little noises that he makes, his smell, his grasp on my finger...its amazing really. We are all still very much figuring it out. Its a trial and error adventure but every day at a time and so very worth (just like we were warned). Now I ask myself questions that I never thought that I would (is that chocolate or poop? how long do I wear this shirt with spit up on it before it gets to be too gross? will I always think that taking a shower is like going to the spa? do we all really sleep best when we are snuggled up like this even though we have 101 different sleeping options for him? ) He has wise eyes, pouty lips and hair that we can't quite tell if its red or blonde and sticks straight up after we wash it. When he smiles, I feel like my whole world lights up. When he cries, I want to cry with him - and sometimes I do. I underestimated the amount of help that I would need hugely. I so appreciate living close to family and having the support system that I do. Naps are pretty key but I don't get them as regularly as I thought I would. What is it that I do all day? How do the hours fly by like that? Today we took Dan to work and then Kyle and I went to the grocery store (his second trip to the store. He slept the whole time). I was able to feed him, put a load of laundry in and make myself lunch once we got home and I feel such a sense of accomplishment - lol, how crazy. We've done a few overnights in Eldersburg and ventured down to Annapolis this past Friday to stay at Nana and Pappy's. I love how everyone lights up around him and just can't seem to get enough. I feel so blessed to have this little lovie in my life and very lucky to be his mama.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment