Sunday, November 23, 2014

Baby shower!

Yesterday was my baby shower - and it was so lovely. I loved being in a room full of people who mean so much to me and the fact that they all wanted to be there to shower us with their love and generosity is so incredible. We came home with bags and boxes and so completely loaded with new gear, lots of adorable clothes, books, blankets, all kinds of wonderful things for our sweet little baby boy. The few hours flew by. I am now sitting in the living room procrastinating putting away all of this awesome stuff and feeling the love. What a happy and wonderful time in our lives as we anticipate all of the big and little changes coming our way. Some of my favorite things were the Dear Baby Kerr notes that people filled out, the thumbprint bee guest book, the sketch of Winnie the Pooh that Kristen did, the awesome all natural honey favors, the world themed, thick and yummy Snickerdoodle cake...I am always blown away by how much goes in to the actual day and how effortlessly it all is pulled off.
I am now 27 weeks and at the tail end of my second trimester. The baby will grow an inch or so this week and I'm loving my baby bump and the movements that I feel to know that he is growing and stretching and all is well. I can't wait to hold him and be his mom!

No comments: