Within the hour, we are heading to the airport and flying west to San Francisco and I can hardly stand it! I am so excited about the next 10 days and exploring my old city with Dan. Its been over a year and a half - maybe closer to two - since I have been and a trip there is long overdue in my opinion. I can't wait to visit some of my old favorite spots and discover new ones, to see friends that I miss, to spend time catching up with extended family and to simply just take it all in. I don't want to be constantly checking my phone or distracted by one thing or another, I want to breathe in the cool, bay air. I want to winery hop and spend as much time as possible in my happy place. I want to marvel at how things change even just in a few years but how some things still feel the same. I want to see the city through a first-timers eyes and have my mind blown over and over again by the diversity and culture and culinary experiences that make up sf. We will be leaving the stickiness and sunshine of the east coast behind in exchange for fog and whatever else lies ahead of us. The other night I made a list of 30+ spots that I'd like us to try to go to. We will see how we do with that! Its a but ambitious but there is nothing wrong with having goals and doing what you can to achieve them.
I'm going going back back to Cali Cali!
No comments:
Post a Comment