Sometimes I think we get so caught up in the motions of every day life that we often loose sight of what really makes us happy. We are in too much of a hurry for no good reason. Maybe this is to get to wherever we are going. I think overall we need to slow down, take the time to breathe, REFLECT and meditate (I need to get better at this). We need to realize that we put more pressure on ourselves than most. And that we are not living the life we are meant to if there is no joy, no fulfillment, no sheer and utter happiness. We also need to accept without judgement. Just because things are different or not exactly like we are used to/how we would handle them, does not mean that they are wrong or that we should judge in any way. I am not even sure why I am on this little soap box. I think that I need to make some changes in terms of how I am spending my time and focus more.
Today I have spent hours pouring through job openings. I've realized that it has been a good run this whole not working full-time thing but if I want to be able to do what I want to do/what truly makes me happy, that something needs to change. This makes me happy:
I should have the wedding photos done by now. It was my goal to have them all packaged up nice and tidy by the time the newlyweds returned from their honeymoon. Instead, I find that I keep pouring over them and reliving each and every wonderful memory. I need to get to it! Wait until you see them. Some , quite simply and completely, take my breath away.
No comments:
Post a Comment