What a blessing to be able to see so much family in such a short amount of time. I love that the holidays bring people together and am forever reminded what an amazing support system I have.
This year I got something for Christmas that I totally was not expecting - the FLU. Ugh, after not being sick for over a year, I was not happy about this recent development. I spent hours at the urgent care on Sunday with what looked like the rest of the town who had it much worse than me (weird that I looked out of place in my faux fur coat on my mac editing photos at a clinic). Yup, the flu (note to self, get the shot next year. It wasn't fun to deal with the consequences). Luckily, there was a lot of merriment and celebrations leading up to the onset - and they continue but it sure did knock me off my perch for a few days. I missed the big open house party at my aunt's Christmas Eve as well as church which is the whole reason of the season. As with everything, there were silver linings. I had friends and family coming out of the woodwork and checking up on me. I was forced to reflect and relax and rest. Thankfully, by Christmas day I was feeling well enough to leave the house and head up to Frederick to celebrate. It was hard to stay away from the kids and not get close to anyone (so not me). But I survived and will not take my health for granted.
On Sunday I had my very first paying photo session! Jen hired me to take photos of her and her siblings to give as presents to her mom and other family. I was soooooooooooo thankful and happy and excited. We decided to meet at Baker Park in Frederick and it was very cold but they were all troopers and I was able to get some great shots. There was a lot that I learned about what I need to do better next time and I have been obsessed with editing the pictures just so and making sure that they are happy with the results.
No comments:
Post a Comment