Thursday, September 13, 2012
West Coast adventure continued
So much to remember and try to get out/down! For starters, wedding weekend was truly unbelievable. Santa Barbara is such a beautiful part of the world and one that I hope to get back to very soon. I ended up only being there for 25 hours but managed to squeeze quite a bit into that time. It was so great to see Derek. He was a great date and we got to catch up on the past few years in the hours we had driving up and down the 101 from south to north and back again. Jean's wedding was stunning. There are many other words that could be used to describe it but that one suits it best. It was absolutely beautiful with every little detail being well thought out. I taped the ceremony at her request and then it was cocktail and party time! I took photos of friends and strangers and sipped white wine while taking in the breathtaking venue. It was truly a blast and JB looked absolutely gorgeous - so happy for them!
The next day we were up and out in record time and headed to Palo Alto area for Labor Day weekend wedding #2. This was a co-worker of Derek's who married her college sweetheart in her grandparent's backyard. It was like something out of a movie. All very lush and a bit over the top but something pretty cool to be a part of. DC and I made a pact to get away for a weekend every year and I hope that we stick to it. Monday came quickly. Our destination was LA Union Station (with a stop for gas since we almost ran out in the middle of nowhere and In-N-Out burger which was as fantastic as ever).
I trained down to Anaheim to meet Kenny and the boys.
Paddle boarding (SUP) in Dana Point was how we spent the following morning. This is something that I have been wanting to do forEVER - or ever since I first saw this which to be fair has only been a few years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment