Its been a great springlike week - or actually, maybe less like spring and more like 90% humidity but such is the east coast this time of year I suppose. Last week, Paul was in town and organized a happy hour in Baltimore. It was so great to see him and others and drink asian beers while catching up. I got to see Makenna and spend some time there which I always love. The happy hour trend continued the rest of the week whether it was at our favorite Glover Park hipster bar or old faithfuls down on Eye/I Street. Saturday I headed up to Gettysburg, PA by way of Petersburg....who knew....for TJ's last lacrosse game ever. Unfortunately, they lost but it was fun to be there with everyone. I spent the afternoon and into Easter Sunday late morning with mom and Kevin. We dyed eggs, spent some time cruising 83 and went to church. Their wedding day is soon approaching - less than 3 months! Mom found her perfect dress and I cannot wait for the celebration that will be! I swung by Kara's to take some photos of little miss and family in the yard. Seeing her all decked out in her Easter get-up just melted my heart - she was a trooper. We headed up to Frederick early afternoon and spent the day visiting and watching the kids find eggs out back and eating insane amounts of chocolate. I found out yesterday that the whole London thing is mostly likely not happening. I am disappointed. That is really the only good word that I can think of to describe how I feel. The visa process is just too complicated and the company is not yet set up for it and so we are going to explore some other options in the states and go from there. So...it has been a little bit of a shift in way of thinking since I already had one foot there and the other here but I know that there is a reason for everything and so right now this move is not in the cards for me - and I think that I am okay with that. Not exactly sure where that leaves me at the moment but that will come too :)
Watching planes fly in on the roof top before the girls come over for book club. Also, totally procrastinating finishing packing. Headed to NYC tomorrow for Meredith's wedding! I am so excited and know that it will be an absolute blast...going to squeeze in an afternoon on Long Island and maybe some work stuff afterwards...good times to be had by all! Congrats to MVT and Todd :)
No comments:
Post a Comment