Kendall and I have spent the last few days in Paris - and wow. I was not expecting to love this city as much as I almost instantly did. Well, maybe not instantly considering we were frozen in the middle of the train station with a flurry of activity around us really not knowing which was way was up. We are staying in the 12th district right near the gare de lyon station in what is most definitely the most orange room that I have ever been in. It is seriously so bright and Kendall says it matches her hair which isn't completely accurate but it is not entirely wrong either:) So we have been trying to see all that we can - and really there is just so much. Every time I turn around there is another picture spot whether it is over the Seine River or of a 1,000 places to see before you die spot like the Notre Dame Cathedral. And the food! Absolutely as good if not better than I imagined. We have had delicious meals in local places where we have left warm, full and happy. Some streets may be hard to walk on, you could not pay me to drive here, the metro and bus system are confusing and I don't understand what people are saying or know how to properly pronounce anything and yet still I am very much captivated by the city of light and already cannot wait to come by sometime soon (if its in the cards which I am hoping that it will be in June to pick up little ginger louise).
Our train tickets to different destinations are beside me. Tomorrow Kendall starts her semester in Dijon and I am so excited for her and all that these next few months will hold! I am off to England for a few days. First to get to spend some time with Kate and Phil in Oxford and then London which I am excited to see. It is looking like I will get to see S in just a few, short days - ahhhh!
No comments:
Post a Comment